Companies covered in Impact of COVID-19 on hand sanitizer market research report are Reckitt Benckiser, Gojo Industry Inc., Henkel AG & Company, Himalaya Global Holdings Ltd., Unilever Plc., Bacardi Limited, CVS Health, Best Sanitizer Inc., Proctor & Gamble, SC Johnson & Son, Inc. and more players profiled
/EIN News/ — Pune, India, Nov. 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The global COVID-19 impact on hand sanitizer market is likely to gain traction from the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. It has resulted in the increasing demand for personal hygiene products, namely, hand wash, soaps, tissue papers, and sanitizers worldwide. This information is given by Fortune Business Insights™ in a newly published report, titled, “Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Hand Sanitizer Market Size, Share, Industry Analysis and Regional Forecast 2019-2026.” The report further mentions that the hand sanitizer market size was anticipated to reach USD 1.35 billion in 2020 before the Covid-19 outbreak. However, on account of the present scenario, it is likely to generate USD 1.87 billion this year. In addition to this, it would rise tremendously from an annual growth rate of 5.06% to 45.71% in 2020.
Fortune Business Insights™ lists out all the hand sanitizer companies that are presently striving to reduce the impact of Covid-19 pandemic on the market:
- Reckitt Benckiser (U.K.)
- Gojo Industry Inc. (U.S.)
- Henkel AG & Company (Germany)
- Himalaya Global Holdings Ltd. (India)
- Unilever Plc. (U.K.)
- Bacardi Limited (Bermuda)
- CVS Health (U.S.)
- Best Sanitizer Inc. (U.S.)
- Proctor & Gamble (U.S.)
- SC Johnson & Son, Inc. (U.S.)
Get a Sample PDF Brochure:
Alcohol-based Sanitizer Segment to Lead Backed by Rising Usage Amidst Covid-19 Pandemic
The hand sanitizer market is bifurcated into alcohol-free sanitizer and alcohol-based sanitizer. Out of these, the alcohol-based sanitizer segment held approximately 64% of the global market and is in the dominant position. Separately, the alcohol-based sanitizer market stood at USD 828.07 million in 2019. These sanitizers play a vital role in preventing many disease-spreading microorganisms. They contain around 60% to 90% of n-propanol or ethyl alcohol, as well as isopropyl alcohol. The CDC, for instance announced that these types of sanitizers are the best during Covid-19 outbreak as they are capable of killing most of the germs. Such norms are also aiding in the growth of this segment.
This Report Addresses the Following Questions:
- Which strategies are being followed by industry giants to intensify competition?
- What are the crucial steps taken by the governments to lower the impact of Covid-19 on the market?
- Which segment is likely to dominate the market backed by the outbreak?
- What are the significant opportunities and challenges that the market would face owing to the outbreak?
Order a (Single or Multi-User License Copy) of This Research Report:
Raising Awareness about Personal Hygiene Products in Many Regions to Aid Growth
North America procured USD 485.59 million in 2019 in terms of revenue and occupied around 38% of the global market. As per one of our analysts, “The level of exposure experienced by every region will vary.” Several factors are responsible for the same. The governments of many countries are taking various initiatives to reduce the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. Besides, the number of awareness programs regarding personal hygiene products in rural areas, as well as import & export activities would contribute to the varying levels of impact of this pandemic worldwide.
Some of the Most Vital Effects of Covid-19 Pandemic on the Market:
- Shortage of hand sanitizers owing to the panic-buying practices of the masses, especially in countries, such as the U.K., Spain, Italy, and the U.S.
- Numerous alcohol manufacturers are inclining towards the hand sanitizer making business to cater to the growing demand from the consumers worldwide.
- Many retailers have begun limiting the purchase of hand sanitizers. They are implementing the maximum purchasing quantity for per person to only two.
- A large number of vendors present in the e-commerce platforms, such as Amazon and eBay are hiking the prices of essential commodities, including hand sanitizers.
- Consumers nowadays are shifting rapidly towards alternate products, namely, hand washes and soaps stoked by the guidelines provided by prominent government bodies, such as the Centres of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- There may be a delay in the manufacturing of technologically innovative and organic personal care products.
Industries Shift towards Sanitizer Business to Cater to the Growing Needs
The outbreak of Covid-19 pandemic is resulting in the rapid shift of a large number of companies, such as agriculture, beauty products, skincare, and liquor in producing alcohol-based sanitizers to meet the increasing demand.
Browse Detailed Summary of this Research Report with TOC:
Detailed Table of Content:
- Research Scope
- Market Segmentation
- Research Methodology
- Definitions and Assumptions
- Executive Summary
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Market Opportunities
- Emerging Trends
- Overview on Related/Parent Market
- Global Personal Hygiene Products Demand Trend
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Industry SWOT Analysis
- Recent Industry Developments – Mergers & Acquisitions, Expansions, Partnerships, and
- Qualitative Analysis (In relation to COVID-19)
- Impact of COVID-19 on Hand Sanitizers Market (Impact on Revenues)
- Impact of COVID-19 on Supply Chain of Hand Sanitizer Products
- Potential Opportunities due to COVID-19
- Key Industry Developments – In Response to the COVID-19 Impact
- Raw Material Supply Chain Challenges
- Hand Sanitizers Products Manufacturing (Plants Operation)
- Structural Changes in Supply Chain and Shift in Consumer Purchase Behavior
- Overview on Related/Parent Market
Global Hand Sanitizers Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2015-2026
- Key Findings / Summary
- Market Size Estimates and Forecast
- By Product Form
- By Type
- By Distribution Channel
- Pharmacy Stores
- Oneline Channels
- By End-use
- Schools & Institutions
- By Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Below are a couple of the most recent industry developments:
- April 2020: John Distilleries, a producer of distilled beverages headquartered in Bengaluru, begun producing hand sanitizers at its distilleries in Goa, Davanagere, and Bengaluru. Its main aim is to prevent the short supply of the product owing to the Covid-19 pandemic. It has also planned to donate hand sanitizers to healthcare institutes.
- March 2020: The American whiskey industry and craft breweries started taking initiatives as the shortage of hand sanitizers is surging. They have paused the manufacturing of beverages and have started producing alcohol-based sanitizers. Some of the distilleries are selling their sanitizers to the masses to not only cater to the growing needs but also to keep their staff paid. However, some other distilleries chose to deliver their sanitizing products free of cost to businesses, critical facilities, and first responders.
Speak to Analyst:
Have a Look at Related Research Insights:
Liquid Soap Market to Hit USD 28.79 Billion by 2027; Rising Preference for Various Fragranced-hygiene Products will Bolster Growth, says Fortune Business Insights™
North America Hand Sanitizer Market to Reach USD 1,379.4 Million by 2026; Increasing Prevalence of Deadly Diseases to Spur Business Opportunities, states Fortune Business Insights™
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]