Louise Basdekis has lost an incredible 24kg after signing up to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Recently, the amazing mum thought she’s try on her wedding dress to see how far she’d come in her weight loss journey – and it’s staggering! The dress is literally hanging off her.
“I was in utter shock! I knew that I had lost weight but this just showed me how far I had actually come,” she says.
Louise loses 24kg and her wedding dress is hanging off her!
Louise reveals she felt so stressed before her big day that eating well or exercising was the bottom of her list. And when she felt stressed, she would turn to comfort food.
“I had planned on losing a bit of weight before my wedding but I didn’t lose any,” she admits. “On my special day, I did feel beautiful however I was always self conscious about my weight.
“I remember looking at our wedding photos and even our wedding video and thinking ‘That dress would have looked so much better if you had been skinnier’. I know it sounds awful to say but that’s how I felt.”
But luckily, Louise had stored her wedding dress and decided to try it on.
“It was hanging off me!! I literally had to hold it up,” she says. “I have lost a total of 24kgs since June 2020. My weight loss took time and I’m totally okay with that because it isn’t a race.”
Louise has gone from a size 18-20
Amazingly, Louise has gone from a size 18-20 to a size 14.
“I have so much more energy I actually wake up in the morning and feel like I can take on anything,” she says.
“Physically, I feel more energetic and healthy not sluggish or bloated like I used to. I’m also mentally well and feel more focused and can concentrate more.”
Louise reveals she suffered with postnatal depression with her first child and turned to food for comfort.
“I barely ever exercised. Now I use The Healthy Mummy Premium Smoothies everyday,” she says.
“They are my absolute saviour each morning because I’m always on the go. I work four days a week so life gets super busy.
“They keep me full and they’re absolutely hands down the most delicious healthy smoothies I’ve ever tried. My favourite at the moment is the banana sundae!
A typical day for Louise:
- Healthy Mummy Premium Smoothie with almond milk for breakfast and a coffee.
- Morning snack is either some fruit or a Healthy Mummy Snack Bar.
- Lunch would be a wrap or salad I mix it up with different recipes from The Healthy Mummy app.
- I drink 2-3 litres of water a day.
- Afternoon snack is generally a Healthy Mummy snack. My favourites are the Banana Oat Muffins or Bliss Balls and can’t go past the Super Food Rocky Road!
- I always prep my dinners for the week on a Sunday, so our family favourites are the Mexican Lasagne or the One Pot Spaghetti Bolognese. We also love the Rice Paper Rolls or Pizza using the 2 ingredient pizza dough.
- I love the dance cardio exercises or HIIT with Wendy.
Louise’s 3 tips for success
- Always remember your why. Why you started your journey and wanted to make a change.
- Drink lots of water
- Start with small changes
“My advice would be to not focus on the number on your scales. The amount of times I would get disheartened when the scales didn’t move yet my clothes felt more loose and I just felt better. I would only weigh in once a week or even once a fortnight.”
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
If you are interested in kickstarting your weight loss and want to improve your energy – not to mention – improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at-home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
- Get DAILY support from tens of thousands of mums on the Challenge with you